Happy Cinco de Mayo! Last night I celebrated Quatro de Mayo with $1 tacos and $2 tecates at El Guapo, a nice warm-up for the real deal tonight!
In honor of the holiday, I thought I’d share a black bean salsa recipe I made the other day. It makes a LOT of salsa, so get ready to share. I hope I remember all of the ingredients…. Guess it helps that I took a picture of them!
• 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
• 3 bell peppers (any color – I used red, green & yellow)
• ½ -1 red onion
• 2 jalapenos (add more if you like it spicy – I used 3)
• Lots of cilantro
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• Juice of 1-2 limes
• Salt & pepper
Just add everything in a large bowl and combine. It gets better the longer it sits in the refrigerator! I didn’t get a picture of the “after product” because it was devoured – sorry, maybe next time.
Que tenga un buen dia!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 bell peppers (any color)
- 1/2 - 1 red onion, chopped
- 1-3 jalapenos
- cilantro, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 limes, juice
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stir and refrigerate. It gets better the longer it sits in the refrigerator.