Monday: Fish Fillets with Tomatoes, Squash, and Basil
Again, I used the pre-made parchment paper packets, so much easier. We really liked this recipe and I used halibut instead of our usual tilapia so it was much heartier than our usual fish portion.
Tuesday: Pasta with roasted tomatoes and Italian chicken
In an on-going effort to clean out our freezer (story of my life), I made this meal entirely out of things I had on hand. When we ate at McGill’s a couple weeks ago, I ever-so-diligently noticed that the pasta lobster was made with various types of pasta. Why had I never considered this in my home pasta meals? You always have a little too little pasta that is bound to stay in the pantry forever, so why not combine all the little bits into one meal? SO that’s what I did. We had shells, rigatoni, even crunched up spinach fettucini. The sauce was made from leftover roasted tomatoes from our wedding that I had stored in the freezer, combined with some chicken thighs I cooked in the crockpot with Italian dressing. The pasta was delicious. I was really pleased with how well it turned out and with the progress I made in the freezer-emptying-movement.
Wednesday: Philly Firecrackers
Happy (belated) 4th of July – hope you had a fabulous holiday!
Thursday: Leftover Bratwurst with Cucumber & Green Chili Topping
We also grilled some brats on the 4th and had a couple leftover so we had them for dinner on Thursday, along with this Cucumber & Green Chili Topping.
CUCUMBER AND GREEN CHILI TOPPING (Yield: 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large cucumber
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2-3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro (coriander)
1. Peel cucumber and split in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a melon baller or small spoon and discard. Sprinkle cucumber lightly with salt; place on paper towels, cut side down. Let drain 30 minutes.
2. Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl until smooth. Pat cucumber dry; dice. Add cucumber, chilies, green onion and cilantro to cream cheese mixture. Stir gently to mix.
Friday: Keo date night
I had a Groupon about to expire so we decided to have a date night at one of our favorite Tulsa restaurants, Keo. The yellow curry is to die for and I can’t resist pho, even though it’s WAY too expensive here, it is some of the best in Tulsa so sometimes it’s worth it.
Saturday: BBQ Ribs with all kinds of southern sides
Saturday we are hosting our monthly dinner club and the plan is to make barbecue ribs with some delicious sides. I will share the recipes next week. Trust me, you will want to make these ribs.