The key to good, crispy sweet potato fries is sea salt. Sea salt. Sea salt. Sea salt. I made these the other night and will definitely be making them on a regular basis. Super easy… all you need is a sweet potato or two. Sea salt, pepper and olive oil.
oven-baked sweet potato fries
- sweet potato (1 potato = 2 servings)
- sea salt (coarse)
- freshly ground black pepper, chunky
- good quality olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel the potato and slice into desired size. Make sure the sweet potato fries are completely dry before cooking.
- Place the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a good pinch of sea salt over them, and then the freshly ground black pepper (the more the better). Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Mix it all together on the baking sheet. Make sure you scoop the salt, pepper and oil from the bottom and mixing it in.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, flip and bake another 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of your fries).