I started making these green bean bundles a few years ago at my annual thanksgiving OU watch party. For the party, I took traditional Thanksgiving food and made them into snack/appetizer type foods. Instead of green bean casserole (which, I’m not a fan of anyway), I thought – why not wrap green beans in prosciutto It works for asparagus, why not green beans. And it was an instant success. I made them for a friends wedding and have made them several times since. And I’m finally sharing the recipe, or it’s more like a “how to” as there are only 2 ingredients.
here’s what you’ll need:
I typically buy these at Sam’s club since prosciutto can get a little pricey.
You start buy laying out one piece of prosciutto as best you can (it’s okay if it’s not a perfect sheet).
Grab a small handful of green beans (you can shock the green beans if you want, but I never do and I think they taste just fine) and place them on the prosciutto.
Next, you just roll ’em up. The prosciutto is sticky enough to hold it together, so you don’t need toothpicks or anything.
Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and green beans. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes until the prosciutto is nice and crispy.
- Lay out one piece of prosciutto.
- Place a small handful of green beans and place them on the prosciutto.
- Roll the beans up in the prosciutto.
- Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and green beans.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes until the prosciutto is nice and crispy.