I started making these green bean bundles a few years ago at my annual thanksgiving OU watch party. For the party, I took traditional Thanksgiving food and made them into snack/appetizer type foods. Instead of green bean casserole (which, I’m not a fan of anyway), I thought – why not wrap green beans in prosciutto It works for asparagus, why not green beans. And it was an instant success. I made them for a friends wedding and have made them several times since. And I’m finally sharing the recipe, or it’s more like a “how to” as there are only 2 ingredients.
here’s what you’ll need:
- green beans
I typically buy these at Sam’s club since prosciutto can get a little pricey.
You start buy laying out one piece of prosciutto as best you can (it’s okay if it’s not a perfect sheet).
Grab a small handful of green beans (you can shock the green beans if you want, but I never do and I think they taste just fine) and place them on the prosciutto.
Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and green beans. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes until the prosciutto is nice and crispy.
- green beans
- Lay out one piece of prosciutto.
- Place a small handful of green beans and place them on the prosciutto.
- Roll the beans up in the prosciutto.
- Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and green beans.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes until the prosciutto is nice and crispy.