My mom is the one to thank for this refreshing salad dressing. She brought me a jar and when it was gone in a week, I asked for the recipe. This recipe is easy to tweak to make it your own. I added garlic, because, why not? And you can adjust the spices to your taste to make it your own.
Use it over your favorite salad or dip fresh veggies in it for a snack. See how long it lasts in your fridge.
- 1 medium red onion, rough chop
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 / 2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 / 3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil (vegetable or olive oil)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until desired texture is achieved.
Alternative: If you don't have a blender or food processor: Finely mince the red onion. Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.