These tomatoes are a must. Must make. Must try. They are so easy and they can be used for SO many things. Add them to a pizza, pasta or salad. Eat them with cheese and crackers. Eat them by themselves. Something about slow roasting transforms these tomatoes into a delicate addition to your meal. It’s vegan and vegetarian and paleo and all of those things. And it’s also ridiculously easy. It originates from Gwyneth Paltrow’s My Father’s Daughter cookbook and was also shared on her Goop webpage, which are both great places to find healthy, real food recipes.
- Vine ripened tomatoes, washed
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half (horizontally).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake seed side up for 3-5 hours, or until they look nearly sun dried.
- Store in a jar with olive oil in the fridge.